16/06/2022 04:36 PM
Contingency bus timetable to begin on Friday
A contingency bus timetable will come into operation tomorrow, Friday 17 June 2022.
The revised schedule reduces some services in line with current staffing availability, whilst maintaining our Island’s key transport links.
This revised timetable will operate Monday- Saturday. The Sunday schedule will remain as per the current timetable.
Due to high levels of sickness, including COVID-19 and other issues, and ongoing recruitment challenges affected by the wider UK driver shortage, bus vannin have had to make the decision to reduce the frequency of some services in order to preserve a reliable network.
The contingency Bus Timetable is likely to run until the schools break up for summer holidays which will give bus vannin time to finalise additional recruitment and training, as well as see a return to work for some staff.
bus vannin will continue to monitor the situation and communicate any enhancements to the timetable as soon as they are able to deliver.
Contingency timetables are now available to view on www.bus.im or by calling 662525 with printed booklets aimed to be available from the Welcome Centre at the Sea Terminal in Douglas, Ramsey or Port Erin bus station by the end of next week.
Customers also have the opportunity to track buses in real time using findmybus.im.
bus vannin regret any inconvenience these temporary alterations may cause to passengers, every effort is being made to ensure vital transport services continue to be provided for residents and visitors.
It is expected the timetable changes will allow bus vannin to deliver a robust service during these difficult times, with a return to full services as soon as possible.
For further information, contact Bus Vannin on 662525 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Media Contact: Pam Teare, email@example.com
Notes to Editors: Link to contingency timetables click here
Timetable alterations in detail;
• All school services remain as timetabled
Douglas – South: Numbers: 1, 2 & 11
• Services to be reduced to a 20 minute frequency from 15 minutes
Douglas - Laxey and Ramsey: Number: 3
• No major changes to the frequency in the day
Douglas - Peel and Ramsey: Numbers: 5 & 6
• Services to be reduced to a 30 minute frequency from 20 minutes
• The Express Buses will continue to operate
Internal Douglas/Onchan Buses Numbers 13, 21, 22 & 25
• 13 (Douglas-Onchan-Groudle) Will not operate as part of the contingency timetable, customer who rely on this service should now use the Manx Electric Railway, where bus tickets/payments will be accepted between Groudle and Douglas
• 21 services will become an hourly service, however extras will be put on over the peaks commuter times
• The 22 and 25 services (serving Willaston, Hailwood Avenue and Birch Hill) will operate as normal
Foxdale Numbers 4 & 14
• Will be unaffected
North of Ramsey Services and Maughold
• connectVILLAGES will remain in operation Mon- Fri 08:40-19:00 with Saturdays and school holidays 06:30-19:00
• The remaining 16, 17, 18, 19 & 20 services will not change
Summer Schedule and Night Owl Services: Numbers 4R, 8R, & 28
• Various routes covering the Sound via Cregneash, the Sloc, Niarbyl and Ballamodha will not operate as part of the contingency timetable
• Night Owl Services will continue as per current timetable.